Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oscar's Dream Girl

First of all, no I am not referring to myself. For Thanksgiving we traveled to Arizona to attend one of our cousin's sealing and wedding reception (btw, and no offense to all of us who had our own at a chapel's cultural hall, but there is nothing like a wedding in a ballroom...absolutely gorgeous!) I had never been inside the Mesa temple and I felt like I was inside a castle, it was amazing and I'm so glad we were given the chance to be there. So anyhow, JR's (our brother in law)sister and their family (the Kemps) were kind enough to host not only her parents, JR and Bianca, but Oscar and I as well. On Thanksgiving day, while we helped Amy prepare the meal, Oscar watched little Sarah. One minute they were "playing" soccer, and then 30 minutes later Oscar started yelling my name. He was watching football so I wasn't surprised he was calling me, Oscar usually does when there is an "awesome" play he wants me to watch. However, when I got there he simply pointed to Sarah; she had fallen asleep with her furry friend on his lap. Oscar says that she had crawled into his lap and actually been watching the game with him for a good 20 minutes before she fell asleep. For those of you that dont't know, Oscar is a huge sports buff, and his dream is to have several boys (Jessi, he's so jealous of your soon to be 3 boys) who he can put into teams and play sports with...but he says that if he were to have all girls, he'd do the same thing regardless. I'll bet little Sarah probably doesn't know this, but she just encouraged Oscar's thinking that his girls will love sports just as much as he does.

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

So cute!! We are so very glad you could join us for Thanksgiving.

And for the record...Sara LOVES to watch sports!! Crazy kid!