Friday, February 13, 2009

February's "Affetto"

Oscar and I have this thing where we speak in accents to each other (Oscar especially). When we really like or really hate something, we will say it with a flair..it kinda sounds like this: " I jest eh luvet theeze zing". Conversely, when something is not so pleasing Oscar might say, "eeen my cuhntri we hab a werd for thiz, eh... papaniplush!... it meens, thiz sucks" (excuse the crassness). Anyway, I thought since it's been so long since our last post and being that tomorrow is Valentine's Day I would write about the things we both love but which probably not many of you know of-the small, everyday, trivial, (maybe superficial) things. When deciding what to name the post, I thought that I would write the Arabic word for love (since that is what Oscar's accent sounds like to me when he talks about the things he loves) but thanks to my friend IGoogle I discovered that no one would understand the characters. So I decided to title it "Affetto", which is Italian for "love" or "affection";our play accent sometimes sounds Italian-y or French-y to me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading it,and if it seems a little weird just remember this is probably more entertaining than my other idea for a Valentine's post-gushing about how much I love my hubby :D

Oscar and Fabi's newly discovered affetto's (yes, we mutually love these, which in and of itself is a cause for celebration!):

1- The Bachelor. I mean, we are ADDICTED to this show since the new season with Jason started. Every Monday Bianca, Oscar and I will rush to the t.v. and watch this show as if it wasn't staged and Jason was family. (Maybe I should have labeled this post DONT JUDGE US).

2- Creme Brulee. Oh my GOODNESS. I tried it for the first time in Las Vegas at the Treasure Island Buffett, and none of us could get enough of it! Seriously, Jr, Bianca, Oscar and I probably ate 4 little dessert plates each!

3- Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee Icecream. This one is obvious.

4- Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Ice Cream with a graham cracker swirl. Did Ben and Jerry not have a wife? If so, did they purposefully want her overweight????

5- Le PETIT ECOLIER butter bisquits topped with pure dark chocolate. One of my Japanese students gave me a box of these French cookies for Valentine's Day-and I thought Oreo's were good!

6-Adagio.com teas. JR discovered this gourmet tea site on the internet and ordered about 6 flavors of their herbal (of course) teas. Seriously, I had my doubts, but the smell alone erased them all. They are very savory and now I am afraid I can't go back to good 'ol Bigelow (or maybe I can if the economy stays the way it is).

7-True Beauty. Yes, its another reality show. In Bianca's, Oscar's and my defense, it used to be on immediately following the Bachelor so it isn't like we went out looking for it...we just kinda got hooked.

8-Lindt Lindor Stracciatella Truffles. These have a white chocolate shell with cocoa pieces and a smooth filling inside. Another Valentine's Day from a Japanese students. They definietely have a good taste in chocolate!

9-Kanye West's LOVE LOCKDOWN. Don't ask. It puts us in a happy, lovey-dovey mood.

10-The group Dispatch. Oscar found them on Pandora.com, they have a similar style to the Dave Matthews Band which Oscar loves and I am beginning to appreciate.

DISCLAIMER: Oscar WILL NOT admit to about 5 of these, but it's true :D

2 comments:

Kristal said...

you guys are so cutesy :o)

Kristal said...

mmm its almost april. hint hint.